Creating Better Experiences For Occupational Therapists’ Bathroom Assessments
In this article we’re going to explain what Showerbuddy is doing to help occupational therapists provide a more seamless home assessment for their client – and help their business in the process.
The importance of home assessment
All of our OTs who recommend Showerbuddy conduct in-home assessments in their work.
What occupational therapists usually need to do
Each bathroom is different in its dimensions and layouts, so getting an accurate set of specifications will be really important when determining which solution is best for their needs.
The opportunities of reducing assessment travel and report time
That’s when Showerbuddy started to realise – the home assessment process, as critical as it is, is demanding too much of OT’s time and effort. What if they could cut this time down significantly, and capture all their bathroom photos, notes and specs in one organised place – digitally? And what if we had a solution where we could even guide a family member through a bathroom measure up to determine what solution is right for them?
Building the solution – our goals for BathCheck
Drawing upon our knowledge of the OT and family challenges with finding the right solution, we devised an app that would guide users easily through a visual wizard-style experience that would clearly state what measurements to take in the bathroom and ask several questions to provide recommended a Showerbuddy solution.
BathCheck will do much more than this though:
- It provides recommendations on specific accessories needed to get the best fit.
- It allows OTs (or any user) to take photos of the bathroom, alongside the measurements and notes and store this – perfect for OTs doing multiple assessments during a trip.
- It provides access to detailed product information, which allows OTs to showcase the range of Showerbuddy to clients in a beautiful interface.
- The results of the assessment can be emailed and used as the basis of an order.
How BathCheck is changing the work lives of busy OTs
We’ve found that the new version of Showerbuddy is also helping to educate OTs more on the benefits of the range, and they can pull up specifications instantly for reference.
Put simply, BathCheck is solving the problems we identified our OTs were having – and much more.
Try BathCheck for free
You don’t have to be an occupational therapist to use BathCheck. Mobility equipment retailers and families can also download the app from the App Store for iOS or Google Play Store for Android.
Enjoyed this article? You may be interested in these resources online:
- What is Occupational Therapy? – Showerbuddy Blog
- How to get the most from an Occupational Therapist – Tips for Families – Showerbuddy Blog
The information in this article is intended as general information only and is not a replacement for official health guidance by your local medical providers. Please always consult an occupational therapist and/or local healthcare for more specific guidance.