Enjoy full access when showering over your bath at home.
Many individuals with mobility needs have a shower/bath combo at home. Maneuvering over the edge of a bathtub comes with its challenges, even with the aid of a carer. Many homeowners will opt for bathroom modifications to make accessing a shower bath easier. Sometimes entire units are removed and replaced with permanent accessibility fixtures, which can be expensive.
The TubBuddy SB2 transfer system from Showerrbuddy is designed to allow safe and simple access to a shower bath with the help of a carer – without any permanent changes to fixtures necessary. TubBuddy consists of a comfortable chair and elevated bridge, capable of clearing most regular bathtub sides. TubBuddy is a full-featured raised toilet chair, eliminating extra transfer between toilet and showering.
TubBuddy reduces costs, improves hygiene and saves time. Mobility impairment no longer requires bathroom remodeling.
at a glance
- Full Tub Stability
- Full Featured Toilet Chair
- Easy Transfers to Most Bathtubs
- Highly Durable and Waterproof
- No Bathroom Modification
HOW IT WORKS
When it’s not used for bathing, the TubBuddy is a comfortable day chair, toilet chair, and bedside commode.
When the user is ready to shower:
- TubBuddy’s rolling base connects to the elevated tub base.
- A carer can then simply transfer the user across the bridge over and into the bathtub for showering.
- The tub base has anti-slip stabilising feet and side stabilisers that grip onto the side of the tub for extra support.
- After showering is complete, the carer transfers the user out of the bathtub.
- If needed, TubBuddy’s rolling base/chair can be used as a bedside commode at night times.
TubBuddy offers a comfortable toilet aid experience to users:
- Position the TubBuddy over the toilet. The unit can be height adjusted to suit.
- Lock TubBuddy down securely with the stable locking caster wheels.
- Non-corrosive, water-resistant materials make TubBuddy easy to clean for carers.
- TubBuddy comes with a complete commode system for use away from the home bathroom toilet.
Learn how to set up and use TubBuddy SB2.
Please feel free to download a PDF copy of the TubBuddy SB2 Specifications for reference.
- Weight capacity – 250kg
- Rolls over most standard toilets
- Arms – removable / lockable / flip-back
- Height adjustable
- Safety mechanisms & side stabilizers on bath base
- No rust aluminum frame (Grade 6061 T6)
- Stainless steel parts and hardware (Grade 304)
- Footrest – fold-up foot rest on rolling base and on bath base
- Safety belts – lap & chest belts
- Caster Wheels – 125mm x 4 locking
- Commode system
- Tool-free assembly
You can download diagrams of the SB2 in both Imperial and Metric measurements.
Use our BathCheck Calculator for help to see if the SB2 will fit your Bathroom.
- Chair Width – over caster wheels 490mm
- Chair Width – over arms 570mm
- Chair Width – inside arms 475mm – smaller users see accessory pages
- Chair Length – including footrest 845mm (745mm excluding)
- Backrest Width 460mm
- Backrest Height from Cushion to top 440mm
- Toilet Height clearance (maximum) 535mm
- Toilet Width clearance at narrowest 375mm (at casters)
- Toilet clearance can depend upon the shape of the toilet pan
- Bridge Length (Standard) 300mm or Accessory 200mm or customized, see Accessories
- Seat Cushion Dimensions 460mm W x 430mm D
- Seat Height from Floor 575mm to 675mm (Adjustable)
- Seat Cushion Opening 175mm W x 335mm L
- Bath Tub Base unit width over feet 335mm
- Bath Tub Height from floor 535mm maximum or use RBE24 Chair Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub Depth up to 530mm maximum or use TBE24 Bath Base Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub width for stabilisers 440mm – 680mm
- Box Dimensions L 680mm x W 580mm x H 810mm
- Box Gross Weight 32.4kg
Download your Showerbuddy Product Catalogue showcasing the full Showerbuddy range of chairs and transfer systems.
SB2 User Manual
The TubBuddy SB2 User Manual includes a full parts list as well as assembly, setup and operation instructions.
The SB2 Assessment Form can be used by OTs, PTs and Distributors while providing consultation to the end user.
Some of these Accessories are compatible with other ShowerBuddy products.
Visit our Accessories Page for a full list.