Effortless transfer into bathtub showers
Mobility impairments can vary from person to person and needs evolve over time. For carers supporting individuals with reduced leg movement and a bath-style shower at home, the TubBuddy Tilt may be the right choice.
As with all Showerbuddy products, TubBuddy Tilt requires no remodelling of a bathroom. In under an hour of initial setup, users will have a complete bathroom mobility solution with a high quality shower chair and stable tub base.
Thanks to its 0-30 degree tilt, in-home carers can lean users back to clear legs over the side of a bathtub-style shower. This isn’t just more comfortable for the user and makes transfers that much easier for carers, it also gives valuable pressure relief for the users comfort and weight distribution.
The tilt function is operated with a release handle that’s interchangeable to either side, making it flexible to any bath configuration.
SB2T will also roll over most toilets. Life is made so much easier and hygienic with the TubBuddy Tilt. Mobility impairment no longer requires bathroom remodeling.
at a glance
- Tilting Function for Easier Bath Clearance
- Interchangeable Tilt Release (Left or Right side)
- Strong, Stable Design with Tub Stabilisers
- No Damage to Bathroom
- Easier for Carers
Tubbuddy Tilt SB2T:
HOW IT WORKS
TubBuddy Tilt’s design consists of a high quality mobility chair and a tub base that is stabilised inside the bathtub. When not showering, with the bath base and bridge put away in a cupboard, other members of the family can enjoy the bathtub and bathroom.
When a user is ready for bathing with a carer’s help:
- The seated user is prepared for bathing.
- A carer will secure the user with the comfortable safety belts
- Using the tilt release, the carer leans the user back so that the footrest clears the edge of the bathtub.
- The user is then transferred across into the bath, and leaned forward back into a comfortable resting position.
- Once showering is complete, the carer will repeat the process in reverse.
TubBuddy Tilt SB2T is a comfortable toilet aid:
- Position the TubBuddy Tilt over the home toilet. It may need to be height adjusted.
- Lock the TubBuddy Tilt into place with the sturdy locking caster wheels.
- TubBuddy Tilt’s seat and frame is easy to clean for carers.
- SB2T comes with a complete commode system for use away from the home bathroom toilet.
Learn how to set up and use TubBuddy Tilt SB2T.
Please feel free to download a PDF copy of the TubBuddy Tilt SB2T Specifications for reference.
- Weight capacity – 250kg
- Tilt angle 0-30 degrees, infinite positioning
- Rolls over most standard toilets
- Arms – removable / lockable / flip-back
- Height adjustable
- Safety mechanisms & side stabilizers on bath base
- Footrests – removable and swing-away
- No rust aluminium frame (Grade 6061 T6)
- Stainless steel parts and hardware (Grade 304)
- Safety belts – lap & chest belts plus calf strap
- Caster Wheels – 125mm x 4 locking
- Commode system
- Neck rest, fully adjustable
- Tool-free assembly
You can download diagrams of the SB2T in both Imperial and Metric measurements.
Use our BathCheck Calculator for help to see if the SB2T will fit your Bathroom.
- Chair Width – over caster wheels 490mm
- Chair Width – over arms 570mm
- Chair Width – inside arms 475mm – smaller users see accessory pages
- Chair Length – including footrest 1060mm (940mm with footrest fitted inwards)
- Chair Tilt 0-30 degrees with infinite positioning and lock
- Backrest Width 460mm
- Backrest Height from Cushion to top 440mm
- Toilet Height clearance (maximum) 500mm
- Toilet Width clearance at narrowest 375mm (at casters)
- Toilet clearance can depend upon the shape of the toilet pan
- Bridge Length (Standard) 300mm or Accessory 200mm or customized, see Accessories
- Seat Cushion Dimensions 460mm W x 430mm D
- Seat Height from Floor 630mm to 730mm (Adjustable)
- Seat Cushion Opening 175mm W x 335mm L
- Bath Tub Base unit width over feet 335mm
- Bath Tub Height from floor 500mm maximum or use RBE24 Chair Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub Depth up to 530mm maximum or use TBE24 Bath Base Height Extender accessory
- Bath Tub width for stabilisers 440mm – 680mm
- Box Dimensions 840mm x 580mm x 860mm
- Box Gross Weight 38.2kg
Download your Showerbuddy Product Catalogue showcasing the full Showerbuddy range of chairs and transfer systems.
SB2T User Manual
The TubBuddy SB2T User Manual includes a full parts list as well as assembly, setup and operation instructions.
The SB2T Assessment Form can be used by OTs, PTs and Distributors while providing consultation to the end user.
TubBuddy Tilt SB2T
Some of these Accessories are compatible with other ShowerBuddy products.
Visit our Accessories Page for a full list.